This is a herd of 129 quality Herefords (with 70 calves when purchased) just placed at our Pikedale (Stanthorpe) paddocks. By the time they arrived there were 97 with calves and now most with calves. The exponential growth of a herd is a wonderful thing really!
We love cattle and ethical farming. Whilst there has been plenty of frost, and that burns the top part of the grass, the ground is holding moisture and with Spring coming, there will be plenty of food.
Meanwhile, we are growing some forage crops to assist in achieving production targets for nutrients, growth and weight gain and to make up the winter season short fall between feed demand and supply. These crops also play an important role in maintaining ground cover, preventing erosion, accumulating nitrogen in the soil and improving land condition.
Out risk mitigation and profit maximization strategy is:
1. Only grow stud-bred premium in-demand quality breeds that command premium value in all variations of the markets
2. Only use properties that are not severely affected by flooding
3. Only use properties that have quality paddocks and infrastructure with ample water and capable of growing feed for supplements and in times of grass shortage
4. If prolonged drought is anticipated, the following strategies will be implemented:
– Grow feed to keep animals fat for next sale, or
– Sell early to preserve capital, or
– Move herd to another partner property with better conditions
We practice advanced ethical and holistic farm management:
sustainable, humane, regenerative, organic principals, promotes biodiversity, chemical-free, grass fed AND finished, and definitely non-GMO
Regenerative farming practices yield higher profits by a producing a higher value product and sharply reducing costs. Plus its better for you!
If you have minimum $100k, and want to know how you can own part of herd and equity in agricultural property, then call us.
0407755222 or email email@example.com or fill our the form on our contact page
Supporting the ethical parallel economy by investing in authentic ethical agriculture for impact!